Citrus is in abundance this winter. I recently hosted a Crop Swap within the local community and came home with a box full of grapefruit, lemon, and lime, as well as some ginger and turmeric which all got put to good use to whip up a batch of gummies. Delicious golden nuggets of immune boosting and gut healing powers.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed citrus juice, I used a combo of grapefruit, lemon, lime
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric optional
- 1/4 cup grass fed gelatin
- 3 tbsp honey
- Add citrus juice and 1 cup water to a medium pot and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add grated ginger and turmeric. Leave for flavours to infuse for 5 minutes.
- While the flavours are infusing, pour the remaining 1 cup of water into a bowl. Sprinkle over the gelatin and leave it to bloom.
- Strain the citrus liquid into a bowl or jug to remove the ginger and turmeric sediment. Add the bloomed gelatin mixture to the bowl of citrus mixture adn whisk until completely dissolved and free from lumps.
- Stir in honey. Adjust to taste if needed.
- Pour into moulds or into a glass dish and refrigerate until set.